Entertainment: Television & movie scripts, manga, DVD booklets, interviews
Marketing & Localization: Print advertisements & commercials, web marketing
Psychology & Public Health: Grant proposals, article abstracts & full texts
Legal Documents: Corporate registrations, birth certificates & koseki (family registers)
In addition to the areas listed above, I have training at the graduate level in the fields of medical, legal, business, technical, and fiction translation.
Editing & Post-Editing Machine Translation
(See above for specialization and experience)
Professional training in translation editing was a major part of my Master’s degree program, with several classes dedicated to the difficult task of editing another translator’s work. I am also trained in machine translation post-editing.
Working in the video game industry has lead me to develop the skills necessary to optimize workflow between source documents and computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools.
Some of my accomplishments thus far include:
- Developing, testing, and implementing a fully-automated Python system that connected memoQ to developer SVN databases for real-time updating of proprietary XML structures from memoQ XLIFF
- Creating custom XLIFF elements to work with memoQ’s XLIFF export shortcomings for document change tracking
- Working with Nintendo to devise a similar automated system that linked their proprietary developer databases to our multiple language projects
- Reverse-engineering TMX files to contain and manage multilingual string data for a 250,000+ JPC project
- Writing custom scripts to convert proprietary and XML filetypes to ADR voice scripts that can be updated on the fly when needed
Specializing in: Photoshop, InDesign, MSOffice Suite
Experience with: Newsletter design, assembly, and editing; Photoshop editing of rendered images, chart and graphic design
As the editor for several organizations’ publications in the past, I have plenty of professional experience working in Microsoft Office and the Adobe CS suite, as well as in graphic design, Photoshop doctoring, and typography.
Web & App Localization
Specializing in: Website localization, CSS, website image transcreation
Six years of experience in the IT field and graduate-level training in HTML, CSS, and .exe localization have prepared me well for the field of web and app localization.
I am formally trained with SDL’s Passolo for application localization, but I am comfortable working with proprietary programs as well.